Sustainable energy for our future.
The GEN Group seeks to build a secure, low-carbon and competitive energy future for Slovenia. We are working towards expanding the use of clean electricity generated locally, which has the potential to replace over time the electricity generated from imported fossil sources.
Strategic development schemes and investments that will make a vital contribution towards this end have been put in place, focusing on:
- the continuation of the construction of hydroelectric power plants on the lower course of the River Sava,
- the continuation of the technological modernization of NEK,
- the replacement of gas turbine units at TEB,
- the preparations for the construction of hydroelectric power plants on the middle course of the River Sava, and
- the planning and preparations for the construction of a second nuclear reactor unit of Krško Nuclear Power Plant (JEK 2).